Friday, September 10, 2010

Spirit Bound By Richelle Mead

Spirit Bound is number five in the Vampire Academy series. I love this series. It is about 1000 times better then Twilight for me. There I said it you can stone me later but I love these books. Rose is a Guardian sworn to protect Moroi (living vampires) from Strigoi (undead vamps). This series follows her as she protects her best friend, finishes school, falls in love, gets her heartbroken and is in general reckless. In this book she has returned from Russia where she did not kill Dimitri. Her and Lissa are graduating and then heading to Court. As usual Rose has some crazy plan to do something that she see as important. Lissa is learning more about her Spirit abilities and Rose is trying to be an adult. Much of this one revolves around them adjusting to court life, trying to find information about bringing a strigoi back from being undead and Rose dating a royal Moroi, Adrian, I love Adrian I think he is an great character. I think book in less then 24 hours. I love this series and i can not wait for the next one or the series that will follow with supporting characters as the lead characters.

The Series was actually banned according to ACLU of Texas at Henderson Junior High School in the
Stephenville, Tex. Independent School District (2009). The entire teen vampire series was banned
for sexual content or nudity. Even though the series has not been completed, Stephenville ISD actually banned
books that have not yet been published and perhaps even books that have yet to be written. There is no
way the district could know the content of these books, and yet they have been banned.”

Again I think this is a case of not reading the books and jumping to conclusions or they got nervous cause they are vamp books. I have read all five books and there is very little sex and what sex there is not graphic. (You have to read the Succubus series for that, Which is also excellent)

Richelle Mead is one of my favorite authors ever. 

I give this one 5 out of 5. LOVED IT!!!!

Ok back to my list. I will be finishing Sherman Alexie's book soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment